Hey there, teacher friends! Welcome back to another episode of The Kindergarten Cafe Podcast. Today, we’re tackling a common issue that many of us face: supporting kids who struggle with recess.
We all know that recess can be a challenging time of day for students. Unstructured time, lack of social interaction, and an overreliance on technology have made recess a source of frustration, boredom, and even loneliness for our students. But fear not, because today we’re diving into strategies to help our kids navigate recess successfully.
In this episode I share:
- Teaching recess skills to help struggling students.
- Playground exploration, modeling games, teaching rules.
- Including others in play is important
- Plan lessons for recess success with curriculum.
- Supporting Kids at Recess – Kinder and First Grade
- Helping Kids Play Recess games: A Social Emotional Unit